All ME majors can receive the minor by successfully completing ME 127, 136, 163 ME majors are allowed to overlap prerequisite courses. All students can declare are completing ME C85, ME 106 & ME 132. Using your Berkeley email address/calnet ID, please fill out the following application to declare.
Students outside of the major must take all 6 courses, following the guidelines below.
- For admission to the minor program, a minimum overall grade-point average of 3.00, as well as a minimum of 3.00 grade-point average in the prerequisite courses for the minor, which are: ME C85 (CE 130 and Eng 36, as a set, can also be used), ME 106 & ME 132.
- Upon admission to the minor, completion of a minimum of three (3) upper division technical courses in Mechanical Engineering (ME 106 and ME 132 do not count as two of the 3 as they are prerequisites).
- For students outside the ME department, a maximum of only one upper division course (numbered 100+) can be counted toward both the minor and major, though there are no restrictions of how many lower division courses overlap.
- A minimum overall GPA 3.0 and minimum of 3.0 GPA in the prerequisite courses for the minor are required to be considered for departmental acceptance.
- A minimum of 2.00 grade-point average in the minor courses at graduation. Completion of the minor cannot delay graduation