Purpose: Milling machines harness the rotational motion of a stationary cutter to remove material from a workpiece. The position of the workpiece can be moved along all 3 of the machines working axes (X, Y, and Z). By advancing the workpiece into the rotating cutter, material is removed, and it is brought to the desired size and shape. This particular milling machine is a computer numerical control (CNC) mill; G-code can be loaded onto the controller so that the machine can execute complex and simultaneous motion of the machines working axes. This eases manufacturability of parts with greater complexity, ensures repeatability, and is highly efficient.
- Spindle: 30HP, 0-8100 rpm
- Spindle Taper: CT 40
- Tool Changer Capacity: 20 tools
- Table Size: 36” x 18” (equipped with 3 T-slots)
- Machine Travel: 30” x 20” x 20” (X, Y, and Z respectively)
- Accessories: Equipped with Renishaw Wireless Intuitive Probing (WIPS) system