Purpose: 3D printers create a three-dimensional object using additive manufacturing technology. The machine extrudes a plastic filament via a heated nozzle and deposits the material onto a build platform. Objects are created by laying down successive layers of material. This machine is ideal for rapid prototyping and its ability to integrate a continuous fiber into the plastic matrix of the print allows for functional parts right out of the machine.
- Build Envelope: 330 mm x 270 mm x 200 mm (13” x 10.6” x 7.9”)
- Model and Support Material: Onyx (nylon + carbon fiber)
- Continuous Fiber Options: Fiberglass, Carbon Fiber, Kevlar, HSHT (high strength high temperature) Fiberglass
- Available Layer Thicknesses: .05 mm (.002”), .1 mm (.004”), .2 mm (.008”)
- Model: Industrial Series X7